Track Event Schedule and Information
Track Event Schedule and Information - Canceled for 2020
Events: 50M, 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1500M Run, 1500M Race Walk, Power Walk*
2020 Competition Dates:
TBD 8:00am 1500M Run, followed by 400M Run
TBD 5pm 100M Run, followed, 4 x 100 relay**), Power Walk, followed by Fitness Walk)
TBD 8:00am 50M Run, followed by 800M Run, followed by 1500M Racewalk, followed by 200M Run
Important and helpful information regarding track events.
- In all running events the women will run first. The oldest athletes will run first, making the way through age groups, the oldest women athletes down to the youngest women's athletes. The men’s groups, oldest to youngest, will follow.
- Those of you participating in the second or third running events of the day need not show up right at 8:00 a.m. It is difficult to predict what exact time events that “follow” will start but please be aware that there will be a wait.
- ** 4x 100M Relay registration will take place at the track.
- Starting blocks are available at the track.
- *Power Walk is a 1500M competitive walk. Please note that revised rules are in place for the power walk. Check the rulebook here. Medals will be awarded. This is a National event beginning in 2019.
- The 1 mile Fitness Walk will follow the Power Walk. This is a noncompetitive event open to athletes and others of ALL ages! This is not a national qualifying event.
- ** 4 x 100M Relay registration will take place at the track.
Sports Chairs: Gary Hathcock, Mike Ham, Amy Ham, Mike Walker, Jim Kaiser, Bob Brunton
Medals: If you must leave before medals are awarded, please have a friend/athlete check your place and pick it up for you. Medals will also be mailed after receiving a request in writing, accompanied by a check payable to the TN Senior Olympics in the amount of $3.00 per medal for shipping. Mail to: TSO, PO Box 681, Mt. Juliet, TN 37121.